Be kind to your buddy® waterproof limb protector by following the instructions and it will last up to x 30 with careful use – once a day roughly one month.
***please note is you are using your buddy® to cover a cast, rough edges of the cast must be covered with tubigrip/sock, pillow case etc***
Order the right size:
***Adult measurements under 30cm***
Any buddy® cover that is size 20cm – 30cm is very small, please order a 30cm – 40cm.
Jane has a wound dressing on her wrist, she needs a buddy® to reach just below her elbow to cover the bandage that is 15cm long.
We recommend that Jane chooses a Medium arm, her measurement in cm’s below her elbow (around the fleshiest part of her arm) is 27cm.
Jane should order: Adult – Medium – 30cm – 40cm Medium arm buddy cover.
We are always happy to advise on freephone 0800 2700074/5 or by email email@example.com or Tawk on this website.
The millimetre difference in the seal size in in 10 millimetre increments so minimal, but to ensure a good seal always look at going up a size and make sure you are covering the bandages/wound dressings. for example on lower legs bandages below the knee we recommend you choose a long product – long leg for the best results. These products cannot be altered with scissors, the seal will not work unless it is a clean circle.
Getting the right fit
Your buddy® waterproof limb protector should form a 1 cm (at least) seal around the fleshy part of your limb. Please ensure the seal looks as above before you enter the water.
Note: ensure the contact area is as hair-free as possible and the seal is resting on skin.
By gently pulling on the seal as you slowly submerge your limb vertically – check the instructions
In the bath or shower, or swimming pool (gentle exercise), on sandy beds in the sea.
At home, on holiday, in hospital or in a care home, whether with limited mobility or active – take care of your buddy® and it will take care of you..
There is no specific time limit, but remove your buddy® waterproof limb protector each time after use in water. After all, your buddy® is only required to prevent water ingress. You can refresh the air in your buddy® out of water by gently pulling the seal open. We recommend a maximum of 1 hour 30 minutes.
With an alcoholic wipe for infection control or rub gently with a towel, you can turn your buddy® inside out.
You can let your buddy® dry naturally, or pat gently with a towel
Our products for amputees are suitable for below and above knee, below and above elbow, foot and hand amputees. We are happy to offer advise on 0800 2700074/5
The below joint product is 51 cm long and would reach below the knee. The above joint product is 35 cm long.
Measure around the fleshy part of the limb above the stump.
- Go to the webpage, in any web browser of your choice, find and open the webpage you want to translate
- Copy the web pages URL. Select the URL in the address bar at the top of the web browser’s window then press either Ctrl + C (windows) or Command + C (Mac)
- Open Google translate. Go to https://translate.google.com/ in your computer’s web browser
- Paste your copied URL into the left text box. Click the left text box then press either Ctrl + V (windows) or Command + V ( Mac)
- Select a translation language. Click the downward arrow above right hand text box to select a language to view your webpage
- Click translate. It is a blue button above the right hand text box. Doing so will open the translated web page in a new tab (if the translated webpage does not open you can click it’s link in the right text box)