buddy® Follow the instructions and your cover will last up to 30 times with careful use
Gently pull on the seal as you slowly submerge your limb vertically – check the instructions
In the bath or shower, or swimming pool (gentle exercise), on sandy beds in the sea.
At home, on holiday, in hospital or in a care home
There is no specific time limit, but remove your buddy® waterproof limb protector carefully each time and please do not dry on a radiator. The air can be refreshed in your buddy® out of water by gently pulling the seal open. We recommend a maximum of 1 hour 30 minutes.
With an alcoholic wipe for infection control or rub gently with a towel, you can turn your buddy® inside out.
You can let your buddy® dry naturally, or pat gently with a towel
Our products for amputees are suitable for below and above knee, below and above elbow, foot and hand amputees. The below joint cover is 51 cm long, the above joint is 35 cm long.
Measure around the fleshy part of the limb above the stump.
- Go to the webpage, in any web browser of your choice, find and open the webpage you want to translate
- Copy the web pages URL. Select the URL in the address bar at the top of the web browser’s window then press either Ctrl + C (windows) or Command + C (Mac)
- Open Google translate. Go to https://translate.google.com/ in your computer’s web browser
- Paste your copied URL into the left text box. Click the left text box then press either Ctrl + V (windows) or Command + V ( Mac)
- Select a translation language. Click the downward arrow above right hand text box to select a language to view your webpage
- Click translate. It is a blue button above the right hand text box. Doing so will open the translated web page in a new tab (if the translated webpage does not open you can click it’s link in the right text box)